Tuesday, June 29, 2010

cow time.

Every June it cow time at the ranch. We look forward to it all year. It usually gets a little intense, but always a lot of fun. The kids play hard and the men work hard!

The boys have been working on a new corral up by the barn. They worked so hard and have it almost complete. Dad, Matt, Dann and Bind making a plan.
Porter LOVES to work up at the ranch. But once he found these hills of dirt he couldn't help but get out his motorcycle and take it for a cruise.

After a long day of hard work came more hard work...
The cows finally came!!
Brig and Port were practicing their roping skills on each other so they would be ready to catch the calf!


Sav and Port are the best of friends. I love watching them play, one minute they are having the time of their lives and the next one is chasing the other crying. They always seem to work it out and Jes and I just sit back and laugh!
Port, Brig, Sav watching the cows.
Tru wasn't sure of the cows at first but then liked watching them.
The Fam.

Brig and Porter wanted to ride a calf! This picture is kind of blurry but I loved it!

Porter getting ready to ride his "mad calf"


Fun weekend at the ranch. The boys love it up there so much and so do I! Many more ranch weekends to come.

5 comments:

Becky said...

That picture of Brig on the calf looks intense!! It looks like he is getting bucked off. Cute pics though!

And Happy Birthday to Tru. Looks like he really enjoyed his party! It goes by too fast though, huh?

Steph said...

Oh my gosh- that picture with Brig on the cow is PRICELESS! I love everyones faces!! He is such a brave little man! Happy Birthday Truman!!! You are too cute!

Brooke said...

Those pictures riding the calves are awesome! I still need to get you the video of it.

Kristie said...

I love the picture when all the men are trying to get Brigham off the calf. So funny! Made me laugh!

Kristie said...

I love the picture when all the men are trying to get Brigham off the calf. So funny! Made me laugh!