Monday, September 22, 2008

Peachy Peach

I am seeing PEACHES! This weekend I had my first canning experience...and boy did I learn a lot! My Mom and Grammy helped me can peaches and we had so much fun, it is a big process but when we were finished we were so excited to have so many beautiful bottles of peaches...here are some pictures of our work. Thank you Mom and Grammy for teaching me this great skill!!


Our first Jars ready to go into the cooker!

Aren't they pretty?!

YEAH!! We are done!!

10 comments:

Jason+Lindi said...

Don't you love learning things like that? They look beautiful!

mjs ashworth said...

That is awesome! You look so proud of your work!! Way to go you little homemaker you!!

whitney holland. said...

Wow I am super IMPRESSED! I can't wait to learn how to can! But I think that will come when I am a stay at home MOM!!

Brooke said...

Way to go Abby! I saw all the cans when I we stopped by and they looked so good! One day I'll have to attempt canning! I'm glad you're learning all these homemaking skills to help pass them on to me!

Zack and Julie Martin said...

Look at you being all domestic!!! I love it. My kids love canned peaches. I just wait until someone in my family does it and then I take a few!!

Anonymous said...

Dang Gina! You guys did so many. I am proud of ya...maybe you could hook me up with one or two?

Anonymous said...

That's an awesome skill to have! I need to learn someday...

katester said...

They look so good! What a fun tradition to do in the fall with your family.

Momzoo said...

Isn't canning fun, in a strange sort of way.... I love having all that food stored.

I remember canning peaches with Monga when I was little, and since I got big I haven't done any peaches...maybe I will have to try it this year.

BigDaddyandBekBek said...

It is a lot of work...but it sure feels good to see the beautiful bottles when you're done. Thanks for NOT using that one photo!