Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Mini Van...

As all, or most of you know my dream car has been a Honda Odyssey for a very long time. I know it seems weird that anyone would dream about a mini van, but I did. It all started when Matt and I babysat our Aunt and Uncles five kids. It was so nice to just push a button and the doors opened and all of the kids jumped in! Well, lets just say my dream came true about six months ago, Matt finally gave in and let me get my dream car! I love it and have loved it ever since I got it. Well let me just say that a very bad thing happened on Monday March 24, I was in an accident and thankfully I was not hurt and the boys were not with me. I was hit on the left side and my van got crushed. The side airbags came out and hit me with great force leaving my ear ringing and my face pounding. I was in shock and I looked up to a man telling me to drive to the side of the road. After I could think I called Matt and told him to come down because I didn't know what to do. Our sweet neighbor came running over to be with the boys while Matt came to be with me. I was so amazed at how much comfort I felt when I saw his truck coming down the road. It was like a blanket that was warm and I immediately felt safe.
Well, needless to say the dream car is now being looked at by insurance and we will determine if it is a total loss of if it can be fixed. I am so sad, every time I think about it it makes my stomach hurt. I feel so bad, Matt works so hard to get our family the things we want/need and I just fell terrible. He is so sweet and makes me feel better about what happened. He just keeps telling me it could have been worse and not to worry....I guess that is true it could have been worse, but I know I was being watched over that day and that the lord will bless us if we are faithful and obedient. I love my van and hope to have it back soon!!

6 comments:

mjs ashworth said...

I am so glad that you are okay, and I am sure everytime you think about your"dream car" all crushed and dented it makes you mad but like you said it could of been a lot worse, and everything will work out and your "dream car" will be back in your driveway before you know it! I love you and you are lucky to have such a great husband and great neighbors!!

Momzoo said...

I am so glad you and your family are safe! It could have been a lot worse! I know how you felt when Matt drove up, isn't it nice to have someone to take care of you!

BigDaddyandBekBek said...

I would love to see a picture of your van...before they fix it. I am so sorry about this trauma. Just reading it again makes me cry. But, it will be alright...in the end.

Brooke said...

I can't believe the airbags came out. Those things scare me to death. I'm glad your okay and Matt's right, it could have been a lot worse.

Jason+Lindi said...

Oh, I am so sorry about your car! That is such a bummer. I hate accidents. I cry like a baby, then I feel sick about it every time that I think about it for about a month! The nice thing is that it is just a car and that you are OK! Keep us updated!

Kathy J said...

That must have been really scarey (sp). Glad you are ok